Monday, November 14, 2011

Holiday House 2011


 Today was "Press Preview day" at Holiday House 2011 on 2 E 63rd. It was a festive event! No... really! Literally, every room was decorated according to a holiday. Christmas, Birthday, Easter, Thanksgiving, etc. Take a peek!

The Foyer of the house was designed by the talented Bradley Thiergartner  and their inspiration was Christmas. The room was beautiful to begin with... travertine walls, coffered octagonal ceiling imitating the same shapes on the marble floor and mirrors. The Art collection was kept both modern and classic and the color palette was kept in the warm tones of orange, yellow and green. Beautiful!





This was a room designed by Ally Coulter. She kept it elegant but still laid back. I thought it was a great approach to take a room for a holiday such as Mother's day. All her pieces came mostly from Ralph Lauren, where she began her design career, Stark Carpets, Paul Ferrante and David Duncan Antiques.









This was a great room designed by Inson Wood and inspired by the Chinese New Year. The room had the best furniture and art in the entire house.  A Ruhlman desk and cabinet, Fromental wallpaper (best embroidered wallpaper by the way), Art by Jeff Koons, Donghia fabrics, you name it. The super glossy red on the walls made this one of the most vibrant rooms in the entire house. 




This room was designed by Eileen Kathryn Boyd, a popular interior designer who also designed a room in the pool house at The Hamptons Showhouse 2011.



Andreea Avram Rusu is not only an interior designer but an architect and lighting designer too. She designed all the lighting and the art deco dividers in the room. The palette was sophisticated, warm and unisex, a great take for a room that celebrated New Year's Eve.



This was one of my favorite rooms! It was designed by the multifaceted and talented Suzanne Eason who is an interior designer, creative director and a graphic designer. She also spoke perfect Spanish.
In her Hallowen inspired room, wallpaper of black birds on a white background from Trove covered the entire ceiling and played the main role in the room. Black and white photography by Chip Forelli and Stark Carpets covered the rest of the surfaces and accessories like orange Hermes boxes and luxurious scents finished the room.





This room made me want to have chocolate, strawberries and Champagne. The chocolate were the walls. strawberries were the accessories and curtains; the sparkly elements like the bronze chair, desk and chandelier were the Champagne. A decadently and feminine room designed by Bittt.



A masculine room, which is refreshing to see, designed by the talented architects Thomas Hickey and Edward Yedid. 



12 comments:

  1. Is there a Holiday House in France too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. An interesting discussion is worth comment. I believe that you ought to write more about this issue, it may not be a
    taboo matter but usually people don't discuss such issues. To the next! Best wishes!!

    Here is my weblog ... slimming world ireland recipes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa! This blog looks just like my old one!
    It's on a totally different topic but it has pretty much the same page layout and design. Great choice of colors!

    Check out my site - food plan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there, after reading this remarkable paragraph i am also cheerful to share
    my know-how here with colleagues.

    Feel free to visit my web page :: www.cloudfactory.eu

    ReplyDelete
  5. This piece of writing presents clear idea in favor of the
    new visitors of blogging, that in fact how to do blogging.



    Also visit my blog post Enable

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know if it's just me or if perhaps everybody else encountering issues with your blog.
    It appears like some of the text in your content are running off the screen.
    Can someone else please comment and let me know if this is happening to
    them too? This could be a issue with my browser because I've had this happen previously. Kudos

    Also visit my weblog :: outdoor world

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, after reading this amazing piece of writing i am also cheerful to share my knowledge here with friends.


    Here is my page golf range finder ()

    ReplyDelete
  8. For latest information you have to pay a quick visit internet
    and on the web I found this website as a finest web site for most recent updates.



    Feel free to surf to my blog post hobbies that make money

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's appropriate time to make a few plans for the long run and it's time to
    be happy. I have read this submit and if I may just I want to counsel you some attention-grabbing things or suggestions.
    Maybe you can write subsequent articles regarding this article.
    I wish to read more things approximately it!

    Have a look at my page: hobbies oder hobbys *marknadsplatsen.se*

    ReplyDelete
  10. hi!,I like your writing very so much! share we keep in touch more approximately your article
    on AOL? I need an expert in this house to unravel my
    problem. May be that's you! Having a look forward to peer you.

    Feel free to visit my homepage; lifestyle trier veranstaltungen []

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have made some decent points there. I looked on the internet for more info about the issue and
    found most people will go along with your views on this web site.


    Here is my blog post ... health food stores *http://life4sound.pl/*

    ReplyDelete